The Bosphorus, which is considered to be one of the natural boundaries between Europe and Asia, is also an international waterway. The shores of the Bosphorus have been home to many civilizations throughout history.
The Bosphorus, which offers a different beauty each season, is transformed into a royal boulevard with mimosa that open in late April and mid-May and become a must-see.
; Galata Tower, Topkapi Palace, Dolmabahce Palace, Ciragan Palace, Bosphorus Bridge, Savarona Yacht, Rumeli Fortress, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge, Anatolian Fortress, Kuleli Military High School, Beylerbeyi Palace, Maiden's Tower are all with their beauties. Bosphorus tour
If you are planning to join the Istanbul Bosphorus tour, you can join our
Istanbul Bosphorus cruise with the opportunity free pick-up and drop-off from your hotel with comfortable, air-conditioned minibuses.
Istanbul Bosphorus Informations
If you are curious about Bosphorus, here we prepared you some information about it.
The Bosphorus Strait, which connects Marmara and the Black Sea, is 32 kilometers in length only when calculated straight. The strait, which extends from the Rumeli coast to the shores of the Golden Horn and from the Anadoluhisarı to Rumelihisarı, reaches the deepest point between Bebek and Kandilli. It is the first bridge built on the Bosphorus Strait that joins Asia and Europe.
The Bosphorus has a great geopolitical and economic importance in all times of history because of the fact that it is the only road connecting the Black Sea to the high seas. The Bosphorus Strait is the only alternative gateway to the Black Sea coastline, leading to the Marmara, Aegean, Mediterranean and finally oceans.
, which is very important for touristic purposes, is a natural wonder where the most popular historical sites of Istanbul can be seen, and where millions of tourists visit each year. Galata Tower, Topkapi Palace, Dolmabahce Palace, Ciragan Palace, Bosphorus Bridge, Savarona Yacht, Rumeli Fortress, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge, Anatolian Fortress, Kuleli Military High School, Beylerbeyi Palace, Maiden's Tower are waiting for you with their nostalgic architectures on Bosphorus. You will have a chance to see the buildings along the Bosphorus Strait. Istanbul Bosphorus The Top Things to See in Istanbul's Bosphorus
We recommend that every tourist who visiting should join an Istanbul
Bosphorus tour. If you leave Istanbul without seeing the Bosphorus during your tour, you will lose a lot of things to be seen. You will not regret!
Here are the most popular places to see in Istanbul's Bosphorus Strait. You should try this list before leaving Istanbul!
The Top Things to Do in Istanbul's Bosphorus
The route extending from the Golden Horn to the Anatolian Fortress is called the Bosphorus Strait where you can find various options for fun and watch the beauties of Istanbul. It is possible to find many different choices for the tour but the main question is
Which Bosphorus Cruise to Take in Istanbul? Here are a list of tours and details, let’s check, make your plan and visit the Bosphorus!
1. Golden Horn: If you start the Golden Horn, you can watch the scenery of Istanbul from the air and go up to the top of Pierre Loti (Lovers Hill) by cable car and have a tea in the Pierre Loti cafe with a view of the Golden Horn. After seeing the view and drink the coffee of the Pierre Loti you will want to come again!
2. Galata Tower: One of the historical places that will be indispensable in your route is Galata Tower. You can see the romantic, İstanbul view on the top of the tower. You can take wonderful pictures from the top of the tower which has 63 meters high, also photos taken in front of the tower have a different aura. If you hungry, don’t worry. You can enjoy your tea or meal in the restaurant inside of Galata Tower.
3. Maiden’s Tower: A small island in the middle of the sea, the Maiden's Tower is a magnificent building that has been the subject of many legends in history. In the restaurant and the café, you can dine with a magnificent view and take great pictures. If you think travel to İstanbul, do not forget to add this legendary beauty to your visit list!
4. Dolmabahçe Palace: Dolmabahce Palace is the house of the Sultans and their families in the last years of the Ottoman Empire. Not only Ottoman Sultans but also the great leader Atatürk spend last years of his life in this splendid palace. The inside of Dolmabahçe Palace furnished with spectacular chandeliers and stuff. The garden is a separate paradise with a tranquil atmosphere. Also, you can enjoy morning breakfast and tea in the café in the palace with a peaceful view of Bosphorus.
5. Ortaköy: Ortaköy is one of the favorite districts of İstanbul locals with its beautiful and colorful bazaar and lively atmosphere located in the triangle of the magnificent mosque, mosque, church, and synagogue. If you want to see the splendid bridge view from closely you should visit Ortaköy because the location is under the European foot of the Bosphorus Bridge. Ortaköy is also one of the most popular meeting points of Istanbul residents with its popular nightclubs, bars, beautiful cafes and restaurants, and the pier square and kumpir shops.
6. Rumeli Fortress: Rumeli Fortress is one of the most tourist attractions of Bosphorus with its historical structure, climate, and unique Bosphorus views. The historical Rumeli Castle district has always been one of the favorite tourist areas with its restaurants, parks, and gardens against the sea. If you're planning to visit there and if you like to eat fish; here are two amazing alternatives for you: big fish restaurants or boats that selling fish from bread. After visiting the Bosphorus line, you can go uphill to reach the Hisarüstü where you can take wonderful pictures and feel the peace!
Rumeli Fortress is the perfect place to take pictures with the Bosphorus view.
7. Beylerbeyi Palace: Beylerbeyi Palace was used as a summer palace during the Ottoman period and was also held to host foreign statesmen. You can feel yourself like sultans when you sip your coffee or have breakfast in the café of the palace.
8. Bosphorus Cruise Tour: The most important Istanbul activity is the Istanbul Bosphorus tour which is starting from the Golden Horn to the Black Sea. This is a tour where you can watch magnificent historical palaces, castles, and houses along the Bosphorus in the cool waters of the Bosphorus. It is also possible to eat and drink during the tour. Do not leave Istanbul without joining a Bosphorus cruise!
9. Turkish Night Show: Another important and entertaining activity is Istanbul Bosphorus Dinner Cruise with Turkish Night Show. In this tour, which lasts about 3.5 hours, you can watch the unique beauties of the Bosphorus and spend a fun night by joining the Turkish Night Show. As you can enjoy Turkish culture and food on Turkish night, you can participate in the activities of a belly dancer, whirling dervishes show and many Turkish cultures. You should attend these nights at least one time, you will not regret!